Guwahati: In the weekly Assam Cabinet meeting held under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma , the government took several key decisions.
The key decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting are:
- To accelerate rural development, rupees 400 crore grant-in-aid sanctioned for various under Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY)
- Waiver of stamp duty on loans sanctioned to street vendors affected by Covid-19 and lockdowns under PMSVANidhi
- It will help the beneficiaries avail the loan amount rupees 10,000 without any additional financial burden and also accelerate the loan disbursal process
- Under CMSGUY aid sanctions: godowns to store paddy will be set up
- Drier Units will be set up
- Mini rice mills to 2,761 beneficiaries
- Distribution of 126 combine harvesters and 1,000 mini trucks
- Fisheries will be setup
- Assamese calendar (Bangla and Bodo calendars in Barak and BTAD areas respectively) to be used in addition to the present Gregorian calendar for all Government correspondence
- Approval granted for 34 gazetted holidays, 31 restricted holidays, 2 half- holidays, and 18 half-holidays under NI Act
- A new wildlife division will be set up in Barak Valley
- Jurisdiction of the Division: Cachar, Karimganj, and Hailakandi districts.
- Assam State Space Application Centre (ASSAC) to be set up as an autonomous registered society under Science, Technology, and Climate Change Department.
- The new entity will be in a better position to liaise with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space (DoS), Northeast Space Application Centre (NESAC) in the area of scientific and techno-managerial activities
- This will go a long way in utilizing space and GIS inputs in various development projects in the state.
- “SGST Reimbursement Scheme for Majuli Bridge Project 2021” approved for hastening work on Majuli Bridge, keeping in view a request from Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in this regard.