Guwahati: Youth alleged dies of Electrocution at Dr Bhupen Hazarika Samadhi Kshetra


Dr Bhupen Hazarika Samadhi Kshetra in Guwahati’s Jalukbari area has been closed for visitors since Wednesday (April 26) evening after the death of a youth.

As per the report, a 16-year-old boy died due to electrocution when he came in contact with the water of a fountain inside the Samadhi Kshetra on Wednesday evening.

The deceased has been identified as Shivam Kumar Rai.

Shivam Kumar Rai, a resident of BBC colony in Pandu, was at the cemetary with his family when he allegedly placed his hand into the fountain water inside the premises of Samadhi Kshetra.

Following the incident, Shivam was immediately rushed to hospital. However, he succumbed to injuries.

It has been suspected that there might have been loose wiring or leakage in the foot lamps which led to the tragic incident.