Guwahati: In the wake of the sudden surge in Covid cases, the Assam Government on Friday announced a new set of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to control further speared of COVID-19 cases in the state.
Addressing a press meet at Janata Bhawan, Guwahati Assam Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma said that from tomorrow (January 8) the night curfew will be imposed from 10 PM to 6:00 AM everyday till further orders.
The chief Minister also added that the markets, stand alone shops, malls must be shut down by 9:00 PM from tomorrow.
The other restrictions mentioned in the new SOP:
- Work place and business establishments shall remain open till 9 PM
- Functioning of Private and public offices shall operate up to 9 PM
- Shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will remain open till 9 PM
- Dine in restaurants, dhabas and other eateries (seating capacity only) up to 9 PM
- Takeaway of food items from restaurants, dhabas and other eateries up to 10 PM
- Sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will remain up to 9 PM
- All Government servants (including contractual and fixed pay) should be fully vaccinated and shall attend office. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be allowed to attend office and they will have to avail leave, if available or extra ordinary leave for which they will not be paid salary.
- However, all other employees except those in whose case vaccination is contra-indicated as per guidelines issued by the Health Department of Government of Assam and /or such claim is certified by a registered medical practitioner, will have to get themselves vaccinated and attend office.
- Employees engaged in emergency / essential services shall attend their duty without any restrictions at any place.
- All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate for passengers with 100% seating capacity and observance of COVID-19 appropriate behavior for passengers
- Pillion riding on motorcycles shall be allowed only for fully vaccinated people with proper use of mask
- In case of open spaces jurisdictional DDMAs shall fix the limit of gatherings depending on Covid situation in their respective districts
- In closed venues gathering is allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity of hall, auditorium etc limited to a maximum of 200.
- In marriages and religious functions, 200 people who are fully vaccinated will be allowed
- 100 fully vaccinated persons will be allowed in funerals
- 50% of seating capacity of fully vaccinated viewers and observance of COVID-19 appropriate behavior will be allowed in cinema halls/theatre
Educational Institutions (Government and Private):
- All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities shall continue to provide quality virtual options in Assam
- All schools upto Class VIII in Kamrup-Metropolitan district and upto Class V in all other districts shall remain closed. No physical classes are allowed
- All schools up to Class V shall remain closed till January 30 from tomorrow
- For Class 9-11, classes will be held three days a week