Guwahati: The Winter Session of Parliament is set to begin from Monday (November 29) and the focus is on the Bill to repeal the three contentious farm laws as Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar will table the Farm Laws Repeal Bill, 2021 in the Lok Sabha on the first day.
The Parliament session is expected to be a stormy one the opposition has vowed to corner the government over the farmer’s demand for the law on minimum support price (MSP) for crops and other issues such as inflation.
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement that the three laws will be repealed, the farmers said they will not believe him until it is actually repealed in the Parliament.
Besides the Farm Laws Repeal Bill, 2021, 26 other Bills are listed for introduction during the month-long session in Parliament.
One of the key Bills include the Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021, which seeks to ban all but a few private cryptocurrencies while allowing an official digital currency by the RBI.
The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019, will also be tabled in the two Houses during the session. The Bill seeks to provide for the protection of personal data of individuals and establish a Data Protection Authority for the same. It was brought to Parliament in 2019 and was referred to the joint committee.
Below are some other Bills likely to be tabled during the Winter Session –
- The Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation Bill, 2020,
- The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Chartered Accountants, the Cost and Works Accountants, and the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Cantonment Bill, 2021
- The Inter-Services Organizations (Command, Control and Discipline) Bill, 2021
- The Emigration Bill, 2021
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The National Dental Commission Bill, 2021
- The Indian Maritime Fisheries Bill, 2021
- The Metro Rail (Construction, Operation and Maintenance) Bill, 2021
- The National Nursing Midwifery Commission Bill, 2021
- The High Court and Supreme Court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2021
- The Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The National Transport University Bill, 2021
- The Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2021
- The National Anti-Doping Bill, 2021
- The Mediation Bill, 2021
The Winter Session of Parliament will be held between November 29 and December 23.