GUWAHATI: The Assam Government has announced total lockdown in 11 wards of Guwahati with effect from 9 PM on June 23 until further order. Addressing a press meet, Kamrup Metropolitan deputy commissioner (DC) Biswajit Pegu briefed the media persons about the new lockdown norms to contain COVID-19.
Here are the prohibited activities in the notified wards under lockdown:
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited in the specified areas.
- All government offices, offices of autonomous/subordinate offices and private offices shall remain closed.
- All business/commercial establishments, shops and trade activities shall remain closed.
- All Industrial establishments shall remain closed.
- All public transport services shall remain suspended.
- Movement of all Private vehicles is banned.
- All hospitality services shall remain suspended.
- All educational, research, training, coaching institutions shall remain closed.
- All places of worship shall remain closed for public. No religious congregation will be permitted without any exception.
- All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions, gathering shall be barred.
- Not more than 20 persons will be permitted in case of funerals.
- Spitting in public places is banned and will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the local authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations.
- Consumption and sale of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc.in public places are prohibited.