Guwahati: In the weekly Assam Cabinet meeting and held under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma some major decisions were taken.
The key decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting are:
The following decisions were taken in the meeting of the Assam Council of Ministers:
1. Recruitment and Re-designation in PNRD:
– Recruitment approved in 1,391 Grade-III & Grade-IV posts (1,004 Grade-III posts, 377 Grade-IV and 10 vacant posts of Driver) in Panchayat and Rural Development Department.
– Posts of Joint Director and Deputy Director to be re-designated as Joint Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner respectively.
2. Guest Faculty in School:
– Guest faculty to be engaged in Elementary & Secondary government, provincialised and other government institutional run schools.
– Service period of guest faculty will be for an academic year.
– Guest faculty can be engaged by alumni associations, NGOs, etc.
3. Sankardeva Viswavidyalaya:
– Approval to the statute of Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankardeva Viswavidyalaya (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
4. Common Exam for Class III & IV posts:
– Approval to bill for “The Assam Direct Recruitment Commissions for Analogous Posts in Class-III and Class-IV Act, 2021”.
– Bill proposes to make special provision for conducting common examination and selection of candidates for appointments to Class-III & Class-IV posts in Govt offices.
5. New members in Assam Agitation victim welfare panel:
– 2 new members from AASU to be added in the Trust set up for welfare of Assam Agitation victims and their families.
6. License of PDS Retailers:
– Licenses issued to retailers to be valid for 3 years
7. Appointments in Forensics:
– Temporary appointment of 14 Scientific Officers and 11 Junior Scientific Officers against existing vacant posts in Directorate of Forensic Science.
– Four new Forensic laboratories will be set up before April 2022.
8. Consultants for Land Record Management:
– The scheme for engagement of consultants in 27 districts under Integrated Land Record Management System (ILRMS) to be revamped.