GUWAHATI: The Budget Session of 15th Assam Assembly for 2021-22 commenced on Monday (12th July) in Guwahati. The Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma-led government will present its first budget on 16th July. The Assam budget 2021-22 will be presented by finance minister Ajanta Neog. It will be the first time in the history of Assam that the state budget would be presented by a woman finance minister.
Highlights of the first day of Assam Budget Session:
- Assam chief minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma presented the Assam Cattle Preservation Bill, 2021
- Finance Minister Ajanta Neog informed that she would present the budget on 16th
- The centre of attraction for everyone was Sivasagar MLA Akhil Gogoi who questioned the government about the electricity problems in Chenga constituency
- Assembly speaker Biswajit Daimary had to keep reminding Gogoi to stick to the question.
- Even the chief minister had to remind Akhil Gogoi of his assembly manners
- The MLAs came donning traditional gamusas and other ethnic dresses
- Laptops would be provided to the MLAs to make the assembly paper free
- The entry passes to the Assam Legislative Assembly has been digitized with image recognition
- The opposition staged a walked-out protesting against price rise and other issues
The Budget Session of the 15th Assam Legislative Assembly will continue till August 13 with 15 working days.