Ahead of the arrival of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Guwahati, the city traffic police has issued a set of restrictions for commuters for February 3 and Feb 4.
The following restrictions have been imposed in the city:
- Plying of commercial goods carrying vehicles of 4 wheels and above shall be restricted on NH-27 and NH-17 falling under Guwahati City from 2 PM to 11 PM on 3rd February 2024 and from 4 AM to 6 PM on 4th February 2024.
- Plying of commercial goods carrying vehicles of 3 wheels and above shall be restricted on G.S. Road, Panjabari road, B. Barooah road, GNB road, MG road, AT road and DG road from 2 PM to 10 PM on r February, 2024.
- Plying of commercial goods carrying vehicles of 3 wheels and above shall be restricted on G.S. Road, Panjabari road, Sixmile-Narengi Road, Tripura (Gali) Road, Beltola Bazar Road, Beltola-Basistha Road from 5 AM to 6 PM on 4th February, 2024.
- ASTC Buses/ City Buses will be regulated accordingly depending upon the traffic scenario of the City
- There will be no any restriction on the movement of emergency vehicles like Ambulances, Fire tenders etc. on 3rd & 4th February 2024.
The Guwahati Traffic Police further clarified that the restrictions will be relaxed for school buses, ambulances, fire brigades and other emergency vehicles.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Guwahati visit who will embark on a two-day visit to Assam from today and he is scheduled to inaugurate several developments projects, besides addressing a public rally at Khanapara veterinary college grounds here on Sunday.