Guwahati: 3 houses gutted in fire at Panjabari


GUWAHATI: A massive fire broke out in Panjabari area of Guwahati on Wednesday evening. Three houses along with a shop were reportedly reduced to ashes in the inferno.

According to fire and emergency service sources, the fire started from a shop selling bamboo products at Nabajyoti Nagar of Panjabari. The fire took devastating turn after three cooking gas cylinders burst in the incident.

It was brought under control by seven fire tenders that arrived from Dispur, Chandmari and Paltan Bazar.

Police suspects electric short-circuit behind the fire.