Guwahati: Five individuals from Assam were conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri Award on Monday, November 8.
The 5 individuals from Assam to receive the Padma Shri are:
1. Indira P. P. Bora for Art
2. Lil Bahadur Chettri for Literature and Education
3. Dr. Ravi Kannan R. for Medicine
4. Jogendra Nath Phukan for Literature and Education
5. Dr. Kushal Konwar Sarma for Medicine
The ceremony to honour Padma awardees took place at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The awards were presented by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Among these distinguished awardees is former Chief Minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi, who has been presented with the honour of Padma Bhushan, posthumously. Gogoi passed away in 2020 owing to post COVID-19 complications and was the longest serving Chief Minister of Assam.