Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday announced various infra-development projects in Guwahati.
CM Sarma made the announcements during the inauguration ceremony of the new ‘Art-Bridge’ that was constructed in the city’s Supermarket area. Sarma said that that the ongoing construction of some of these projects is being carried out in a speedy manner.
The various development projects:
- Construction of Guwahati-North Guwahati bridge is being carried out in a speedy manner and will be completed by 2023.
- An AIIMS hospital to be constructed within this financial year.
- Construction of two bridges at Maligaon and Sarabhati is well underway. While the construction of Maligaon bridge is 20 per cent done, the Sarabhati flyover is 35 per cent done.
- The Maligaon flyover will have four lanes and two-four lanes below it.
- A new flyover will be constructed in Guwahati’s R G Baruah road connecting Gitanagar.
- A six lane ring road is being discussed which will connect Assam’s Sipajhar and Kuruwa.
- Four bridges will be constructed over river Brahmaputra.
- A new flyover will be constructed in city’s Chandmari area.