Guwahati: The new COVID19 Standard Operating Procedure for Assam will ease various restrictions and relaxation has been provided to all the districts. This was announced by Health Minister Keshab Mahanta on Wednesday.
Curfew to be from 9 pm-5am. Inter-district public transport allowed with 100% seating capacity. New SOP becomes effective from 11 am today.
A new set of SOP has been published at 11 am September 1. Health Minister Keshab Mahanta released these SOP in a press conference. The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA ) has issued and consolidated directive today again for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force AM of September I, 2021 until further orders.
The notification states:
I. Night curfew time will be from 9 PM to 5 AM across the State.
2. Accordingly. all workplaces govt. & private offices/establishment will function as per usual working hours but not beyond 8 PM.
3. All business/commercial establishments, Dine-in Restaurants, hotels. resorts. Dhabas and other eateries, the takeaway of food items from restaurants/Dhabas and other eateries. opening of Sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storage and warehouses. shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will open up to 8 PM across the State.
4. Pillion riding on a motorcycle, shall be allowed with at kast single vaccinated persons and compulsory wearing of a mask.
5. Intra-district transport with 100% seating capacity shall be allowed for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine. No standing passenger shall be allowed. For standing passengers, a fine will be imposed and the driving license of drivers/registration of vehicles carrying standing passengers will be canceled.
6. Inter-district passenger transport with 100% seating capacity shall be allowed for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine. No standing passengers shall be allowed. For standing passengers, heavy One will be imposed and the driving license of drivers/registration of vehicles carrying standing passengers will be canceled.
7. The physical classes for the postgraduate, graduate, higher secondary final GSM/Sussing courses and that of technical institutions shall be allowed for students having at host single-dose vaccine. Before the start of physical classes, there will be a 3-day vaccination drive for students. faculty and staff.
8. The hostels of the educational institutions are allowed to open only for the postgraduate, graduate, and higher secondary final year students with fully vaccinated students.
9. Meeting/gathering at any open or closed spaces is allowed up to 50 single-dose vaccinated persons with prior intimation to local police. However. w all prior permission of jurisdictional DC for maximum gathering up to 200 persons (at least single vaccinated) may he allowed both for public and private functions which will also be applicable for closed spaces subject to a ceiling of 50% of the hall capacity.
10. Public gathering is allowed up to 50 single vaccinated persons for Marriages /funeral/last rite programme.
11 Religious places are allowed to open with up to 40 single vaccinated persons per hour its iconic places and 20 single vaccinated persons per hour for other religious places. 1
2. Cinema/Theatre Hall shall continue to remain closed till further notice.
Other restrictions including the declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of August 17, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order