Guwahati: Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic across Assam will reopen from November 2 onwards, stated education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press conference on October 17.
The Assam Government on Saturday issued guidelines following all the protocols of health, hygiene, safety guidelines under Covid-19.
Guidelines for gradual reopening of Govt. Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics:
- Government Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics are allowed to reopen for face to face class w.e.f. 02.11.2020
- Institutions will make a plan for opening of Hostel in due course with the formation of Multi-stakeholder Committee with members of Parents/Boarders/Faculties / Staff/ District Authority to function the Hostel
- Online as well as Blended or mixed mode of teaching will be followed by each Institution to take care of the outstation students as required.
- Each Institute will make a routine of face to face teaching and online teaching which may consist of multiple sections, multiple class-timings, etc as required.
- Institutions are to follow the Govt. of Assam’s order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Part 1/122 Dated 14.10.2020 and Govt. of India’s Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 20.09.2020 and any subsequent orders in this regard.