GUWAHATI: Assam Health Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday said that the state government has issued three new protocols for containing the COVID-19 pandemic in Assam.
Firstly, passengers coming from Karnataka and Maharastra will have to do a mandatory COVID test in Assam even if they have conducted the test before coming to Assam.
View this post on Instagram
Secondly, every day one lakh COVID-19 tests will be conducted ahead of Bihu in Assam.
Thirdly, Doctors and Nurses in Assam have already taken the COVID-19 vaccine. So, there is a qualitative difference between this year and last year. Also, there is no requirement for PPE kits for them. So, the treatment will also be different this year.
When asked about Lockdown and shutting of Schools and Colleges, Dr. Sarma said, “Till now not even 30-40 positive cases have been reported in Guwahati. There is no need to panic now. State Government will act according to the situation. There is no need to create a terror situation right now.”
“There is no possibility of further lockdown or night curfew in Assam. No business will be hampered. Normal life will prevail in Assam,” Dr. Sarma added.
“The state government will issue a standard operating procedure (SOP) for Bihu celebration,” the health minister further said.