GUWAHATI: The University Grants Commission(UGC) has released exam guidelines and the academic calendar for admissions to all universities and colleges in view of the ongoing COCID-19 pandemic.
As per the circular issued by the University Grants Commission, universities have been asked to complete the Final Year/ Semester Exams by August 31, 2021. Higher Education Institutions shall ensure that the admission process for undergraduate courses/programmes for the academic session 2021-2022 commences only after the declaration of results by the CBSE, ICSE, and State Boards.
The circular stated that University Admissions 2021-22 to the first year courses/programmes shall be completed no later than September 30, 2021. The last date for admissions to fill up the remaining vacant seats shall be October 31, 2021, and the relevant documents of the qualifying examination can be accepted up to December 31, 2021. The academic session 2021-2022 shall commence latest by October 1, 2021, for first semester/year students.
When it comes to the Academic calendar 2021-22, the UGC stated that for students of the intermediate semester/year, the Higher Education Institutions may start their academic session (in online/offline/blended mode) as early as possible, following the guidelines/directions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Points & Dates For Students Looking For Admission Into Higher Education:
- All Class 12 Board Exam Results expected to be out by July 31
- College & University Admissions for UG courses to commence only after Class 12 Board exam results of CBSE, ICSE & State Boards are announced
- UG & PG admissions to be completed by September 30
- New Academic Session must begin by October 1 (allowed to commence as early as possible, in online/offline/blended mode)
- Next academic session of this batch (incoming batch’s second year) to begin by August 1, 2022
Read UGC’s Exam guidelines: