Several trains have been cancelled while many were diverted following a major accident in Odisha’s Balasore where three trains collided claiming the lives of 233 people and injuring around 900.
Here’s a list of trains that have been cancelled:
- 12838 Puri-Howrah Express from Puri
- 18410 Puri-Shalimar Shri Jagannath Express from Puri
- 08012 Puri-Bhanjapur Special from Puri
- 18021Kharagpur – Khurda Road Express
Here’s list of partially cancelled trains:
- 18022 Khurda Road-Kharagpur Express from Khurda Road on 02.06.2023 will run up to Baitarani Road and will remain cancelled from Baitarani Road to Kharagpur.
- 18021 Kharagpur-Khurda Road Express from Kharagpur on 03.06.2023 will originate from Baitarani Road to Khurda Road and remain cancelled from Kharagpur to Baitarani Road.
- 12892 Bhubaneswar-Bangiriposi Express from Bhubaneswar on 02.06.2023 will run up to Jajpur Keonjhar Road and will remain cancelled from Jajpur K Road to Bangiriposi.
- 12891 Bangiriposi-Bhubaneswar Express from Bangiriposi on 03.06.2023 will originate from Jajpur Keonjhar Road to Bhubaneswar and remain cancelled from Bangiriposi to Jajpur K Road.
- 08412 Bhubaneswar-Balasore MEMU from Bhubaneswar on 02.06.2023 will run up to Jenapur and will remain cancelled from Jenapur to Balasore.
- 18411 Balasore-Bhubaneswar MEMU on 03.06.2023 will originate from Jenapur to Bhubaneswar instead of Balasore to Bhubaneswar.
List of trains diverted:
- 03229 Puri-Patna Special from Puri on 02.06.2023 will run via Jakhapura-Jaroli 12840 Chennai-Howrah Mail from Chennai on 01.06.2023 will run via Jakhapura and Jaroli
- 18048 Vasco da Gama-Howrah Amaravati Express from Vasco on 01.06.2023 will run via the Jakhapura-Jaroli route.
- 22850 Secunderabad-Shalimar Expr5ess from Secunderabad on 02.06.2023 will run via Jakhapura and Jaroli
- 12801 Puri-New Delhi Purusottam Express from Puri on 02.06.2023 will run via the Jakhapura & Jaroli route.
- 18477 Puri-Rishikesh Kalinga Utkal Express from Puri on 02.06.2023 will run via the Angul-Sambalpur City-Jharsuguda Road-Ib route.
- 22804 Sambalpur-Shalimar Express from Sambalpur on 02.06.2023 will run via Sambalpur City-Jharsuguda Route.
- 12509 Bangalore-Guwahati Express from Bangalore on 01.06.2023 will run via the Vizianagaram-Titilagarh-Jharsuguda-Tata route.
- 15929 Tambaram-New Tinsukia Express from Tambaram on 01.06.2023 will run via the Ranital-Jaroli route.
Moreover, 12704 Secunderabad- Howrah Express from Secunderabad on June 2, 2023, will run up to Cuttack and will remain cancelled from Cuttack to Howrah and 18046 Hyderabad – Shalimar East Coast Express from Hyderabad on June 3, 2023, to be rescheduled for 3 hours.
“Accident Relief trains with medical equipment and doctors have rushed to the site from Kharagpur and Bhadrak, the Kharagpur Division notification read.
“Around 600 injured passengers have been taken to the Hospitals of Gopalpur, Khantapara, Balasore, Bhadrak and Soro,” it stated.
They further added, “Two ARME (Medical Trains) have reached the site alongwith 20 Doctors and a team of Paramedics, who are attending to the injured passengers. More Doctors and a team of Paramedics are also on their way to the accident site.”
Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Saturday reached the accident spot in Odisha’s Balasore and took stock of the situation and assured to conduct a detailed high-level inquiry on the mishap.
Several coaches of the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express derailed near Bahanaga station in Odisha’s Balasore after hitting a goods train.
According to Railway spokesperson Amitabh Sharma, the accident took place around 7 pm on Friday.