Guwahati: In the weekly Assam Cabinet meeting held under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma which was held at Dhemaji, the government took several key decisions.
The key decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting are:
WPT & BC DEPARTMENT
State Cabinet has approved the issuance of OBC/MOBC certificate in respect of Motak community by All Assam Motak Sanmilan (Sadau Asom Matok Sanmilan) in place of All Assam OBC Association or Sub-Divisional OBC Development Board and, countersigned by DC/SDO.
REVENUE AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
• State Cabinet has decided to notify Tai-Ahom, Chutia, Koch- Rajbongshis (including Koch) and Gorkha who are bonafide Indian Citizens in the list of protected class of persons in addition to existing classes in the Murkongselek Jonai Tribal Belt by exercising powers under section 160 (2) of ALRR, 1886 (as amended). This shall apply to those persons who have settled up to the year 2011.
• State Cabinet has decided to constitute a new Tribal Belt namely Sissi Tangani Tribal Belt comprising of 89 nos. of villages under Sissiborgaon Revenue Circle by exercising powers under section 161 of ALRR, 1886 (as amended).
• Cabinet decided to de-notify Charikoria Tribal belt.
After the declaration of the new Tribal Belt namely Sissi Tangani Tribal Belt and notifying the communities Tai-Ahom, Chutia, indigenous Koch- Rajbonshis and Gorkha who are bona fide Indian Citizens as protected class in the existing Murkongselek Jonai Tribal Belt, the following benefits will be available to the protected classes:
• In the matter of settlement of Govt. land for ordinary cultivation and purposes ancillary thereto, the newly notified backward classes, along with the existing protected classes in the Murkongselek Jonai Tribal Belt will be getting highest preference.
Similarly, this benefit of settlement of Govt. land will be enjoyed by the notified protected classes in the Sissi Tangani Tribal Belt.
Thus, the settlement of Govt. land to the backward classes will be a step towards giving land rights to these communities.
• There shall be restriction on transfer of patta land to a person not notified as a protected class or to any person who is not a permanent resident of the Belt or Block i.e. residing before the creation of the Belt or Block.
This will stop the alienation of land of these backward communities in the Belt or Block to undeserving persons.
• Creation of the new Tribal Belt will ensure eviction of unauthorised occupants: –
o from Govt. land who without authority has encroached upon such land.
o from AP land who other than AP holder, is occupying such AP land
o from PP land who without valid authority from the PP holder or in violation of the provisions of the Chapter X is occupying such land
The same applies to existing Murkongselek Jonai Tribal Belt.
• Thus, the objective of the Govt. for protecting the lands of the backward classes from undesirable elements will be ensured.
REVENUE AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
• State Cabinet has decided to exempt the Revenue Circle Officers & Land Revenue Staff from engaging in miscellaneous duties other than revenue matters, law & order, election, census and disaster management related duties.
• As land revenue administration is the backbone of civil administration at the grassroots level, a team of dedicated Revenue Circle Officers and LR Staff who pay undivided attention to revenue-related works, can help in prompt disposal of revenue works.
• Finally, the ultimate success of the State Mission programme, ‘Mission Basundhara’ will depend to a large extent on the efficacy, dedication and undivided attention of the Revenue Circle officers and LR Staff, which can be attained only by exempting them from miscellaneous works so that their sole focus and thrust remain on revenue matters.
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN AFFAIRS
• State cabinet has approved up-gradation of Silchar MB to Silchar Municipal Corporation and Dibrugarh MB to Dibrugarh Municipal Corporation by providing more administrative powers with greater resources.
• Today, State Cabinet has approved the proposal for NOC for the land belonging to Machkhowa Jail and land measuring 2 Bighas belongs to Cooperation Department at Purabi Dairy by the side of P&RD Office at Panjabari for setting up of Garbage Transfer Stations by Guwahati Municipal Corporation.
• State Cabinet approved Rs. 1800 crore to provide relief to around 11 lakh micro-finance loanee (maximum up to Rs. 25,000), who are making regular payment to banks.
• Cabinet approved Rs. 50 crores for construction of integrated DC office at Dhemaji.
• Cabinet approved Rs. 50cr for construction of a state of art integrated sports complex at Dhemaji.
• Cabinet approved Rs 183 cr for construction of a road cum embankment starting from Jonai to Majuli. It will cover 4 constituencies namely Jonai, Dhakuakhana, Dhemaji & Majuli.
• Cabinet approved Rs 150 cr flood control package for Dhemaji.
• State Cabinet has given in-principle approval to Land acquisition proposal covering 100 bighas for setting up Dhemaji Medical College.
RELIEF PACKAGE TO EMPLOYEES OF HINDUSTAN PAPER CORPORATION LTD.
Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd. Cachar & Nagaon, is having more than 1100 employees who are in financial distress and facing extreme hardship due to the closure of these two mills in the year 2015 and 2017 respectively.
Chief Minister Assam, in a meeting with unions and associations of HPC on 28/09/2021 decided to provide a relief package to all employees of HPC and acquire land and other assets of HPC.
The decisions taken in the meeting are approved by the State Cabinet as follows:
• The quantum of relief package will be assessed based on the PF, gratuity, pension, salaries, and other dues as claimed and admitted before the liquidator. The relief will also be given to the schoolteachers, contractual co-operative’s workers of HPC. The government of Assam will also facilitate the workers/employees, who have not completed their service in getting jobs in the new industries to be established in HPC land, in the future.
• Govt. job will be provided to the youngest 100 employees/workers of HPC. Jobs will also be given to doctors, paramedical staff of HPC by the Government of Assam.
• The state cabinet also decided to set up a fund of Rs.10 Cr for the welfare of workers of HPC. The Govt. of Assam will approach NCLT through an official liquidator for taking over the assets of HPC Ltd. after exercising due diligence.