GUWAHATI: Education minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma has made a slew of announcements for appointment and regularisation of service of around 43 thousand teachers in the state.
Addressing a press meet in Guwahati today, minister Sarma has announced some major decisions including recruitment, regularisation of school and college teachers.
The key points from Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma’s announcements are:
- Recruitment for 9635 teachers’ posts in elementary education department has already been advertised.
- Advertisement for recruitment of other six thousand posts will be notified soon.
- A total of fifteen thousand elementary teachers will get appointment.
- Results of High School TET will be declared in February.
- Eight thousand new secondary teachers to be appointed before Rongali Bihu.
- State government will provincialise 4993 LP and ME schools. Services of 13,362 teachers will be regularised.
- will also provincialise 626 High schools. It involves 4828 teachers.
- Minister Sarma announced provincialisation of 30 new colleges which involves around 9 hundred college teachers.
- Contractual teachers will get same salary, dearness allowance and medical reimbursement like regular teachers. The proposal will be included in next budget to be tabled on March 4.
- Eleven thousand state-pool teachers will also get same salary, dearness allowance and medical reimbursement like regular teachers.
- Services of around thirty two thousand teachers working under Sarba Siksha Abhiyan will be almost regularised.
- Merger- amalgamation of schools, rationalisation of teachers to be done soon.