Guwahati: Massive fire breaks out in Central Mall


GUWAHATI: A massive fire broke out in Central Mall in Christian Basti, Guwahati on Monday morning.

According to reports, properties worth lakhs have been gutted in the fire. No casualty has been reported so far.

The fire has been suspected to start from the first floor of the building.

“I was present. The fire came out from the entry gate side. Only security guards and few officials were present when the incident took place. No one was injured in the incident,” said a security guard.

The fire has been brought under control after several fire tenders have been fighting to douse the fire.

“We are using smoke exhauster. The fire has been doused but we are trying to remove the smoke from the building. We suspect electrical short circuit to be the reason for the fire,” said a fire department official.

The actual reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.