GUWAHATI, Jan 5: Team India is ready to begin their 2020 campaign. And Guwahati hosts the first T20 international of the three-match series between the hosts and Sri Lanka at the ACA Stadium in Barsapara this evening. As the weather brightens up after the morning showers and the sun out, cricket fans are looking forward to what they hope would be a high-voltage encounter.
As the build-up continues, here are some quick fact checksGuwahati T20I: Quick Fact Check:
- Today’s match will be the third international tie to be hosted by the ACA Stadium in Barsapara. Three women’s T20 international matches were also played between India and England.
- India has featered in the other two games. The first international match played at the ACA Stadium in Barsapara was a T20 international between India and Australia on Oct 10, 2017, which the visitors won by 8 wickets.
- India have a 50% win record at the Barsapara Stadium. After losing to Australia, the Men in Blue bounced back to register a comprehensive 8-wicket victory over West Indies in the first ODI of the series that was played on Oct 21, 2018.
- Three cricketers have so far hit centuries at the Barsapara Stadium, all of them coming in the Ind-WI one-dayer. While Rohit Sharma (152*) and Virat Kohli (140) slammed individual tons for India in that match (India chased), Shimron Hetmyer (106) etched his name in history books by becoming the first cricketer to reach triple figures in the stadium.
- The 40,000-capacity stadium now ranks among the finest cricketing infrastructures in the country and boasts of state-of-the-art amenities.