GUWAHATI: A massive fire broke out today morning at Kahilipara in Guwahati.
The fire took place at house number 2 of Bhakatgaon area. The house along with ornaments, documents and other valuables were damaged in the fire.
However, the owner of the house Khireswari Das somehow survived the fire. She was alone at home when the fire took place.
It is suspected that fire broke out because of an electric short circuit.
Later, Assam Fire and Emergency Services personnel brought the fire under control with the help of local people.
This is the second incident of fire in Guwahati after two kids of a same family-Ishan and Iban Goswami were charred to death in a devastating fire on January 23.