GUWAHATI, Aug 2: Little did Anil Baruah of Burkuloi near Jagiroad town in Assam’s Morigaon district knew that the electrical fence he had installed at his broiler chicken farm might to keep thieves away might one day take his own life.
And not only did the electrical fence take his life, another villager – Naren Deka, a farmer – also died after coming into contact with it.
Today, the entire village, is in shock and tears in the wake of the two electrocution deaths.
Anil Baruah had kept the fence installed around his broiler chicken farm and connected it with a stream of electric current at night to keep thieves away.
However, tragedy struck today when Naren Deka came into contact with the fence. Anil, in a desperate bid to save Naren’s life, was also electrocuted.
The duo were rushed to Morigaon Civil Hospital were they were declared dead on arrival.
“We received information about two persons getting electrocuted. One of them had installed an electrical fence around his broiler chicken farm to keep thieves away. They were rushed to Morigaon Civil Hospital but could not be saved,” a local police officer told News Live.
The incident has cast a pall of gloom in the locality.