As we welcome Goddess Lakshmi today on Sharad Purnima we will also encounter a lunar eclipse at the same time. It is to be said that after almost 30 years this two phenomenon is taking place at the same day.
Celebrated as the brightest and fullest moon of the year, Sharad Purnima is scheduled to grace India on October 28, 2023. This festival holds significant cultural and spiritual importance, as it is believed that the moon emits rays with therapeutic properties on this night.
With the Lunar Eclipse in India set to occur on October 28 at 11:30 pm, it is important to understand the meaning and importance of the preceding Sutak period. Lasting approximately nine hours before the eclipse itself, this period holds a special place in traditional beliefs and practices. It is based on the concept that during a lunar eclipse, the Moon undergoes a period of upheaval, and negative energies come to the forefront.
Chandra Grahan, is an astronomical phenomenon that occurs when the Earth casts its shadow on the Moon. These eclipses are relatively common, occurring several times a year. However, they are not always visible from all parts of the world.
October 28, 2023, will be the last lunar eclipse of this year and it will be visible from all the cities in India. The next lunar eclipse will occur on March 25, 2024, according to NASA. The Times of India mentioned: “This celestial event is going to take place on Sharad Purnima in the month of Ashwina under the zodiac sign Aries.”
Chandra Grahan 2023 Today Time in India
According to NASA, the next Chandra Grahan will occur on Saturday, October 28, 2023, at an Umbral Magnitude of 0.122. The eclipse will be visible in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
The partial lunar eclipse of 2023 will be visible in India on October 28, 2023. The eclipse will begin at 11:32 PM IST on October 28 and will end at 2:24 AM IST on October 29. The greatest eclipse will occur at 1:45 AM IST on October 29.
Chandra related to water and our body consist approx 73% of water that’s why lunar eclipse has a great impact on our body and mind.
Do’s and Don’ts During Chandra Grahan 2023 Sutak Kaal
- Chant mantras or meditate.
- Read religious texts.
- Engage in spiritual activities such as yoga or pranayama.
- Give charity or donate to the needy.
- Help others in need.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Those who believe in spiritual things can chant any kind of mantra as they prefer during this period to get siddhi on it.
According to Drikpanchang, here are some activities to avoid during the lunar eclipse:
- Don’t consume any food or beverages during the eclipse.
- Oil massage, drinking water, brushing teeth, and combing hair should be avoided.
- Don’t start new ventures or projects.
- The people those who have allergies, chest issue, white spot on the body, cold problem should keep silver or any silver item with them during this period to avoid the negative effect of this eclipse.