Guwahati: Decisions of the Cabinet meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma today on July 28.
1. Cabinet decided to appoint a Police Commission to be headed by Retired IAS Officer Himangshu Sekhar Das, and former DGP PV Sumant for three months to recommend measures for improvement of policing system, their activities and deployment in the state. Both of them will get the status of Chief Secretary.
2. As a part of State government’s decision to appoint one lakh youths in government jobs, the Cabinet has decided to start the process to fill up 15 thousand vacant posts in Assam Police. The process will start from 15th September, 2021.
3. Cabinet decided to create five new battalions of Assam Police. 6270 youths will be appointed in these battalions.
4. Cabinet has decided to attach Printing and Stationery with Information and Public Relations Department. Henceforth, the Department will be known as Information, Public Relations, Printing and Stationery.
5. Cabinet has also decided to attach Public Enterprise Department with Industries and Commerce Department.
6. Cabinet has also decided to attach Passport Department with Home.
7. Cabinet has decided to enhance monthly amount of sports pension from the existing Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000.
8. Cabinet also decided to provide Sports Pension to the medal winners of Commonwealth and National Games.
9. Cabinet decided that medal winners of Olympic, Commonwealth and Asian Games will get Class I Government Jobs, whereas medal winners of Recognised World Championship will get Class II Government Jobs and medal winners of National Games will get Class III Government Jobs.
10. Cabinet decided to appoint Dr. P.L.N. Raju who retired as the Director of North East Space Application Centre recently as the Special Secretary cum Director of Regional Space Application Centre.
11. Cabinet decided to waive off land premium for Sankardev Nethralaya.
12. Newly constituted Autonomous Council’s Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Chief Executive Members will be entitled to the same salary in the pattern that functionaries of the existing Autonomous Councils are getting.