GUWAHATI: The Kamrup Metro District Administration on Wednesday informed that grocery, milk and fruit selling shops inside the containment zones are allowed to open from 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon).
Further, shopkeepers and customers shall have to maintain social distancing, wear masks and hand gloves.
Also, shopkeepers will have to ensure six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than five persons inside the shops. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
It is to be noted that push-carts used for vending vegetables, meat, fish, and eggs will be allowed in the containment zone areas.
#BREAKING | Containment Zones clamped in Ward No 28, 16 and 8 in the wake of the steep rise in #Covid19 cases in…
Posted by News Live on Wednesday, 5 May 2021
The official order stated, “Any unauthorized entry and exit to and from the above containment Zone is prohibited during the containment period.
However, following exemption are allowed inside the containment zones:
1. All Government / Private Offices, Educational Institutes and business establishments other than exempted category will remain close during the containment period.
2. There will be no restriction on movement of officials engaged in emergency and essential
services within the containment zone area.
3. Bank, Insurance Offices and ATMs will function normally by maintaining COVID-19 Protocols.
4. Grocery/Milk/Fruits shops will remain open from 8-00 AM to 12-00 PM. Shopkeepers customers shall have to maintain social distancing, to wear masks and hand gloves. Moreover, shop owners shall ensure six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons inside the shop. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
5. Medicine shops, Vetrinary Clinics and Animal feed shops are be exempted from the restrictions
6 Mobile vending for Vegetables/Fish and Meat will be allowed in the containment zone area. 7. People with medical emergency purposes will be allowed for movement in and outside the Containment Zone area on production of valid medical documents.
8. Home delivery of essential commodities including e-commerce will be allowed up to 6-00 PM. 9. Dealer of essentials commodities will function up to 2-00 PM
10. There will be no restriction in operating Petrol Pumps, LPG dealership, manufacturing units of essential commodities, Telecommunications, Internet services, Broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services, Warehouses and Cold Storages
Further, all measures necessary for contamment of COVID-19 as envisaged in MaHFW, Government of India Advisory dated: 25 April 2021 and 29 April 2021 and in the Order issued by the ASOMA vide no ASOMA 28/2021/61, Dated 10 April 2021 will be in force until further order.”