Guwahati: For fresh reopening of Universities and Colleges in the state the Assam Government on Saturday issued guidelines following all the protocols of health, hygiene, safety guidelines under Covid-19.
Guidelines for reopening of UG Classes:
- Maintaining all covid protocols the colleges will reopen from 2 November, 2020.
- Staggered time table will be followed regarding which final decision will be taken by the college authority authority,
- Student of UG first semester will have their classes on Monday and Thursday.
- Student of UG third semester will have their classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Student of UG fifth semester will have their classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday the college shall arrange for the classes in such a way so as to avoid too much crowding of the college campus. For example, college may conduct the classes of third and fifth semester in two shifts, ie. Day (8.30 am to 12.30pm) and Afternoon (1 PM to 5 PM)
- Students who are unable to attend classes in their respective colleges because of some extreme circumstances may opt to attend classes in a college of their locality with prior permission from the concerned authorities of both the colleges. However, this should be taken as a temporary measure.
- College may continue with online classes along with offline classes.
- For PG Classes the college will follow the guidelines of the parent University UGC.
- All teaching and Non-Teaching staff are to attend to their duties regularly from November 2, 2020
- Decision regarding reopening of Hostels will intimated in due times. 12. Attendance of students must not be enforced and purely based on parental consent.
- Every College authority should coordinate with the nearest Health Centre/point Director of Health Service, in case of emergency and related health checkup,
- Use of face cover mask by students, teachers, staff and all stakeholders is mandatory and there should be thorough sanitization and cleaning of all areas inside the college premise. Working hand washing facilities should be available in the College.
- The University situated within the State of Assam will prepare their individual SOP for attending classes within the University Campus, strictly following the protocols of guidelines.