Guwahati: In view of the rising Covid-19 cases and its cascading effect in Assam, the state government announced to provide essential commodities worth Rs 2,000 to the poor living inside containment zones.
A few days ago Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma shared the information that people who are financially weak and are stuck inside Containment Zones will be provided essential commodities worth Rs. 2000.
The Assam government has allotted this money for a period of 14 days to those families with financial constraints.
The essential commodities which will be given to the families include
- 15 kg Rice worth Rs. 500.00,
- 2 kg Dal (Lentils) worth Rs. 300.00,
- 2 litre Oil worth Rs. 300.00,
- 1 kg Salt worth Rs. 30.00,
- 5 kg Potato = worth Rs. 150.00,
- 2 kg Onion worth Rs. 120.00,
- Other Vegetable/ Egg/ Milk etc. worth Rs. 300.00 and any other essential items worth Rs. 300.00.
The fund will be provided by the Deputy Commissioner to the concerned Circle Officer/ Block Development Officer for procurement of food items at market rates, who will then hand over the food items to the local committees/officials for handing over to the family.
However, the funds have been released under SDRF for the COVID-19 outbreak which will be utilized for this purpose. The Deputy Commissioners may also allow the local committees/ officials to procure the food items etc if required.