Assam: 8-month-old baby dies in fire at Charaideo


GUWAHATI: A devastating fire broke out at Borhat under Charaideo district in upper Assam on Sunday. An eight-month-old baby tragically died in the incident.

According to reports, the fire broke out at one Parameswar Kisku’s house at Nagakata village. It has been suspected that fire broke out due to the kerosene lamp when the parents were out of the home.

A 12-year-old child and the infant were at home when the incident took place.

A pall of gloom descended in the entire area following the incident.