99 per cent consensus on AGP-BJP seat sharing for Asssam polls: Himanta Biswa Sarma


GUWAHATI: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) reached the final stage to decide the seat-sharing for the upcoming Assam assembly elections. NEDA convenor and senior BJP leader Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma told media persons in Guwahati that two allies have arrived at 99 per cent consensus.

Sarma said that the issue of seat-sharing among AGP, BJP and UPPL would be finalised following two separate meetings with union home minister Amit Shah and BJP national president JP Nadda in New Delhi on Wednesday evening.

“So, 99 per cent issues have been agreed upon. Remaining 1 per cent will be discussed in Delhi. Such things need discussion with central leadership,” Dr. Sarma said.

The minister stated that the leaders from the allies would meet home minister Shah at his residence at 5 PM. There will be another meeting with BJP national president JP Nadda at 7 PM.

Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal and finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma will also the meetings.